Firearms Application Procedures:
- Firearms applications can be picked up at the police department. You will need one permit for each pistol you intend to purchase.
- First time applicants will need to be fingerprinted and pay a cost of $60.25.
- Prior applicants will be charged $18.00 per application.
- There is a fee of $5.00 for your Firearms I.D. card.
- There is a fee of $2.00 for each handgun permit.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PROPERLY SECURE YOUR FIREARM WHEN LEFT UNATTENDED.
Please make Money Orders payable to the Division of State Police SBI.
You must be 18 years of age to purchase a long gun and 21 years old to purchase a handgun.
For restrictions on obtaining a permit or an ID card refer to NJ Statute 2C:58-3c
under the NJ criminal code manual. New Jersey State Police Web Site (njsp.org)
The average waiting time for the initial application is about 8-12 weeks.
Applicants who have already been issued permits/ID cards before, the time is about 4 weeks.
The contact person for the Pennsgrove Police Department for firearms permits and ID card applications is Ptl. John Boucher. He can be reach at 856-299-0056.